This delicious soup is very cheap - especially if you don't leave it to the last minute and have to buy multiple small bags of peas like I did!
I doubled the recipe because I'm greedy and also because you can freeze it for an easy meal later, or split it up into old takeaway boxes to take to work for lunch.
- 1kg frozen peas
- 4 heads of roasted garlic
- 50g butter
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 2 onions, peeled and roughly chopped
- salt and pepper
- crème fraîche
1. Cut the tops off the garlic and cook in the oven at 180c for 30 minutes or until soft.
2. Fry the onion in the butter and oil for three minutes until soft.
3. Add the frozen peas and coat in the oil and butter mixture.
3. Add the stock and bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Grab the garlic from the oven and leave to cool for 5 minutes, cut the tops off and squeeze out the soft roasted garlic.
5. Pour into the pea soup, puree roughly.
6. Serve with dollops of crème fraîche.
Let me know if you make it - I'd love to know what you think and how it turned out!