- 5 hard-boiled eggs with the shells peeled off
- 1 lb sausage meat
- pinch of salt, freshly ground pepper
- 1 large egg, beaten in a bowl
- 3oz dried bread crumbs (I used Panko breadcrumbs, but you can make your own by drying bread in the oven and whizz in a food processor.)
1. Prepare hard boiled eggs - you can also choose to partially soft boil them if you would prefer instead.
2. Add salt and pepper to the sausage meat and divide into five balls.
3. Flatten the sausage meat balls and wrap it around the eggs, pushing together the meat so there are no gaps.
4. Lightly cover the egg sausage balls with flour, then dip into the bowl of beaten egg and then into the breadcrumbs. Put aside until all are covered in the mix.
5. Shallow fry the balls until golden, turning frequently making sure the meat is cooked evenly.